About Family Tree
The background that the family tree can be
seen on the Internet is Kim Nimb Scharlings work for a long
time seeking and collecting data about the descendants of Johan Mathias
together with Pc- program "WinFamily".
Further it's the interest of making a general
view of the family, to attempt to motivate for future updates, and to do a
job, which expect to give value for many people.
The idea of collecting information from the
family tree in the Pc program and establish a home page is:
- to make the family tree more accessible for
- to make future updates easier,
- to motivate to send in updates,
- to create value for people in the tree by
seeing themselves on the Internet,
- to make it possible to print surveys and
reports from the family tree.
- Updating family tree
The main rule for persons on the family tree
is that they are descendants of Johan Mathias Gerling, born 1770 in
Holstein, spouse to these descendants, or parents to the spouse.
For those persons the following information can
- Names (first, middle, last names from
- Names today, if necessary
- Birthday and birthplace
- Day of christening and place
- Confirmation day and place
- Day of death and place
- Name of spouse (first, middle, last names
from birth certificate)
- Weeding day and place
- Pictures, up to 2 pictures, as file or in
- Description of the person's life, events,
incidents, school, education, occupation, etc.
- Notification if the person wants all the
information shown on the Internet. Starting point is that only name is
visible for living people.
If pictures shall be shown all other
information will also be visible.
Updates to the family tree can be sending